Severe episodes of Right side muscle spasms
For the past several years I have experienced extreme pain on my right side. I never know when it will hurt. It might be just moving to a different position, even a slight movement can cause the muscle spasm. It hurts so bad at times I scream. I hold my breath when these episodes occur. It used to be sporadic in frequency, but now has been more and more prevalent. It is starting to happen while I am driving.
I also have constipation and explosive diarhea on and off. I am tired of this pain, tired of not making it to the bathroom, tired of being late to work because of these issues.
I have had my gallbladder removed which was gangrene, appendix removed, hysterectomy and bladder sling, bilateral knee replacement, and foot surgery. I take the antidepressant Paxil and have been on it for 22 years.
My current life style - go to work, come home and sleep.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed description of the symptom or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes that may need to be considered include GI/ GU infections, IBS, spasms, GI motility issues, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you for your suggestions. I have an appointment with my regular doctor on Friday. I will give her the list and see what she suggests. Thank you again.