Gastroenterology Community
Severe pain/cramping in the lower left abdominal quadrant after bowel m...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Severe pain/cramping in the lower left abdominal quadrant after bowel movements and urination.

For months now, I have been suffering from severe pain/cramping in the lower left abdominal quadrant after bowel movements and urination, along with a dull/burning pain (in the abdominal area) the rest of the time. I have also been feeling frequent pain in my lower back. Nothing has seemed to help with the pain. It has disrupted life, in that I no longer sleep properly, as I have a more frequent need to urinate, which has been waking me up at night (this does not usually happen), and this is followed by severe pain and cramping. When I put heavy pressure on the area, it seems to help slightly, however it leaves the area feeling bruised and tender. It also comes with heavy hot and cold spells, along with excessive sweating. I also always feel bloated all the time; however I do not have any gas.
I have tried many prescription and non prescription medications for the pain, however nothing has helped. The only time I do not have this specific pain, is when I have my period. At that time the pain seems to subside and I just have menstrual cramping/symptoms.
I do not have a UTI, as I have checked for that already. I have had ultrasounds in the past; however the findings have only ever indicated that a “fluid” has been present, which the doctor dismissed as ruptured cysts. I have recently been to another doctor, who told me I need to cut lactose/milk and milk based products out of my diet, as he believes this is the cause, however I have a hard time believing this is the case as I do not understand how the pain, along with my symptoms, warrant this. Any help would be greatly appreciative, as I long to be pain free and have an understanding as to the cause of my symptoms. Thank you.  
I just had an ultrasound for the same symptoms, and they found fluid in the culdasack of my uterous and my left ovary is slightly larger that the right.  I have had pain where I think my ovary is and it radiate down through my groin.  I have had fluid there in the past and treated for a cyst. This time she did not mention the fluid I just read the report.  She is sending me to my urologist that performed a cystocele rectocele and sling on me in july.   Which is how long I have been having pain, so good luck and if you have any tips let me know.  I am 32 and also have relief during peroids wow I cant believe how simular they are!