Gastroenterology Community
Severe pain/cramping in the lower left abdominal quadrant after bowel m...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe pain/cramping in the lower left abdominal quadrant after bowel movements and urination.

For months now, I have been suffering from severe pain/cramping in the lower left abdominal quadrant after bowel movements and urination, along with a dull/burning pain (in the abdominal area) the rest of the time. I have also been feeling frequent pain in my lower back. Nothing has seemed to help with the pain. It has disrupted life, in that I no longer sleep properly, as I have a more frequent need to urinate, which has been waking me up at night (this does not usually happen), and this is followed by severe pain and cramping. When I put heavy pressure on the area, it seems to help slightly, however it leaves the area feeling bruised and tender. It also comes with heavy hot and cold spells, along with excessive sweating. I also always feel bloated all the time; however I do not have any gas.
I have tried many prescription and non prescription medications for the pain, however nothing has helped. The only time I do not have this specific pain, is when I have my period. At that time the pain seems to subside and I just have menstrual cramping/symptoms.
I do not have a UTI, as I have checked for that already. I have had ultrasounds in the past; however the findings have only ever indicated that a “fluid” has been present, which the doctor dismissed as ruptured cysts. I have recently been to another doctor, who told me I need to cut lactose/milk and milk based products out of my diet, as he believes this is the cause, however I have a hard time believing this is the case as I do not understand how the pain, along with my symptoms, warrant this. Any help would be greatly appreciative, as I long to be pain free and have an understanding as to the cause of my symptoms. Thank you.