Gastroenterology Community
Severe pain right before bowel movement

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Severe pain right before bowel movement

Right before I have a bowel movement, I all of a sudden experience a severe, sharp pain in my lower abdominal area, mainly to the left and to the middle.  Not really on the right side.  It also hurts in my lower back.  The pain is so bad, it bends me over and I have to press down with my hand in that area so that the pain is not so bad.  It lasts about 10-15 seconds, and after it subsides, I go to the bathroom.  No blood in the stool that I can see.  This just started a couple of days ago.  It even feels sore when I press on my abdomen in that area.  It really has me worried.  Any ideas?
Tags: Pain
I would try metamucle it may help things move out smoother.  I would go to the doc my grandmother's intestines became twisted.  I don't know mush about it but I can find out for you.  Hope your doing better.
Avatar n tn
hey mindy
get an usg and widal test for typhoid.
Did the doctor's check your lipias? I ask because I have had the same pains, with pancreatitis