Gastroenterology Community
Severe stabbing pain under left ribcage when lying down..gastritis and ...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Severe stabbing pain under left ribcage when lying down..gastritis and h.pylori

This is a bit of a long one but i've been suffering from a range of symptoms for a while now, I've had very sharp piercing pain in my left ribcage just under the breast. It comes when im lying down and is really intense and sharp I can barely breath because breathing in makes the pain alot more intense. This has been on and off for a few years now though. Blood tests came back normal. I then began getting similar intense sharp pains directly under my diaphragm. In the centre and again occasionally. I was sent for an endoscopy where I was diagnosed with gastritis and sent home with proton pump inhibitors for a month. A few weeks after finishing the medication I began getting severe bouts of yellow water diarrhea (Ive always had irritable bowel but this diarrhea was very strong) always accompanied with nausea. It initally lasted 3 days and i thought it was a bug but it kept coming back like this every few days and I was very lightheaded too. I also broke out in hives during this period but its possible thats not related. My doctor sent me to ER where i had a chest xray, blood test and urinary test. I was sent for a colonoscopy and another endoscopy (2 weeks ago). My bowel was apparently completely fine and I still had the gastritis now with H.pylori. Ive taken antibiotics to treat the bacteria but im still having diarrhea and sharp pain in my left ribcage. Although the pain in my stomach is gone from the gastritis, I do occasionally feel nauseous. I was just a bit nervous about being overdramatic with the Dr. as im having so many different symptoms and I dont want to sound like a hypochondriac! Can anyone shed light on this? Ive had blood test done 3 times in the year, not coeliac, no other problems apart from slightly raised white blood cell count (due to gastritis apparantley.) The pain is not constant and comes and goes occasionally but is VERY sharp, (i would describe it as stabbing).
Ps. I really should have mentioned when the diarrhea comes, it takes about 15 minutes and I feel lighthead and also I have vomited/ dry heaved on a few occasions from the nausea. Vomiting usually happening in the middle of night, I was waking up feeling nauseous. Everything was making me feel sick. And I am 100% not pregnant. On nuvaring birth control.