Gastroenterology Community
Shingles, weight loss, early satiety
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shingles, weight loss, early satiety

Hello,

I'm a 26 year old female, overall healthy other than migraines and depression, both of which are well-controlled. In August/September I started losing weight for no reason - only thing I noticed was I had less of an appetite and nothing ever sounded good. In September I became super constipated out of nowhere - to the point of having hemorrhoids. In October, I got shingles - mild, but I wasn't overly stressed or anything. In December, I started getting full super easily and if I eat too much (so more than half of what I normally ate before) I get nauseated and have abdominal pain. Now it's January and although I get hungry, I get full and nauseated so easily. I used to have a bowl of cereal and yogurt for breakfast and today I had half of a yogurt and felt uncomfortable. I've noticed more belching and bloating.

Along with this, I do feel more thirsty and have dry mouth. I'm also tired all the time, which isn't really new for me, but I can sleep 9 hours at night, take a nap, and then sleep another 9 hours the next night easily.

In total I've lost 17 lbs (I'm 5'6" and went from 145 to 128 lbs) since September-ish. Haven't had labs in a long time but did get my fasting blood glucose checked in February and it was 99 (>100 is borderline gluocse intolerance), which I thought was odd since I'm generally really healthy and eat well.

I'm really concerned and am making an appointment with my PCP, but has anyone else had similar symptoms? Also, I am 100% sure I am not pregnant.
Tags: shingles, Weight Loss, early satiety, unintended weight loss, nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
748543_tn?1371753642
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
12 hrs ago by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank