Shortness of Breath and Tight/Heavy Feeling in Abdomen
Hello!

I have been experiencing this feeling for a quite awhile. When I first started singing lessons I realized this more. Whenever I tried to breathe in deeply and into my diaphragm, I would feel tight and could not breathe in any more air. I felt like a balloon that was going to pop, even though I only took in a tiny breath. So when I would sing, I would always run out of air.

Also when I breathe in, my stomach will make noise! It will growl. I am not even hungry but after a deep breath it will rumble. Also, I  always feel a heavy sort of feeling in my lower abdomen, like a rock is just sitting in the bottom of my intestines.

I am not sure what to make of this! I have been diagnosed with GERD in the past, but that has gotten much better. I have yet to go to a Gastro doc. Anyone have any clue as to what this might be? I want to be a professional singer  and this is really inhibiting me.

Thanks much!
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  How old are you?  I would recommend seeing your doctor about this?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include gastritis, GERD, GI motility issues, causes related to the chest wall or respiratory tract etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!