Gastroenterology Community
Should I be worred about a fatty liver, gallstones and simple cysts?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hello!
I went into my doctor's office with complaints of nausea and heaviness centered between my breasts.  This has been going on since 2007.  With that, after switching to a new Dr., she agreed to order an ultrasound.  The results of the ultrasound found that I have a fatty liver, one large gallstone (that is not obstructing my bile system), and then two simple cysts -- one on my liver (1.5 cm) and one on my kidney (1.7 cm).  

I took blood tests that included tests for my liver about a month earlier - there were no red flags.  Everything came back normal.  

HISTORY:  From Jan 2008 to September 2008, I had lost 32 LBS.  I also ensued a colon cleanse that claimed to expelled heavy metals.  With that, I am wondering if a colon cleanse can cause cysts to form on the kidneys and liver due to the expelling of the metals through the liver and kidney system.   If there is an abundance of metals in the body, can the liver and kidneys become too overloaded by the expellation, and thus form a cyst?  Too, I have gained the 32 LBS back from September 2008 to present -- on a diet of sugar mostly and junk food.  Could the weight gain cause the fatty liver?  Can it be reversed?

Further, I found a remedy online for gallstones that claims that apple juice softens/dissolves gallstones and the olive oil helps to pass it..  Wondering if you have heard of it and if there is any credence to it?  Four cups of organic apple juice daily for 5 days, then on the 6th day, take epson salt at 6pm, then at 9pm, then take  a cup of olive oil.

Should I be worred about any of these ailments -- are they life threatening?  I have since changed to a plant-based diet rich with vegetables/fruits geared to heal the liver and kidneys.

Anyway..  I look forward to your answer.

Thanks so much!