Should I have my gallbladder removed

Hope someone can help...I had an ultrasound because I was having pains.  Looks like it is gallstones.  Went to see a surgent today and he said I have to have my gallbladder removed.  Do I really or is this something if I eat right will go away on it's on?  I have two stones in my gallbladder now.  I have had about 4 attacks in about 4 months.  They last about 40 minutes but then I'm ok afterwards.  They advised stones can cause liver damage.  I just want to be 100% for sure before I have the surgery.

Thanks for your help.

Kim
Get the gallbladder removed...

I did not have gallstones, mine was inflammed. My attacks were pretty painful. Nausea
and dry heaves.

It seems to me that gallbladder problems are more prevelent in the USA.. They will recommend doing the Scope method. This is far easier to recover from. Another suggestion, take two weeks to recover instead of one..

When I got my gallbladder removed it was only after I was in the hospital a few days. The pain was so bad. With your situation, you may have a better time scheduling the surgery. It is usually performed as an outpatient procedure.

Good luck,

Do you fall into the four F category? (female,fair, over forty, (plump)?

I am a male, over forty, and thin... I asked my surgeon about why me.. All he said was
just lucky... I don't eat a lot of fats.. I do have high cholesterol.. Take Lipitor for it..

Thanks,

Tom
i had mine out 2 mths ago. i had stones and it was inflamed when they took it out which they didn't know before. i am slowly eating fats again but i have to watch!! sometimes my stomache will hurt and i have to figure out what i ate. surgery was not bad. good luck
I had mine out 14 years ago, the doctor told me I'd never have a problem again. I had 2 small stones removed.

The abdominal pain is now WORSE than ever.
If I had to do it over again, I'd keep the gallbladder.