Aa
A
A
Close
Side Effect of Helicobacter Pylori treatment
Hello,
Please help me!

About a month ago i went to see my doctor to check this mild pain i had in the liver area. The doctor did some blood tests and included H Pylory antibody. The test came back positive so he put me on a 10 day treatment of 2 antibiotics and omeprazole.
During the treatment and few days after i finished the dosage, in the middle of the night i would wake up with a violent pain in my abdomen, mouth full of saliva and gag reflex. That stopped.

Two weeks after the treatment i start having flu like symptoms. Fever on & off up to 102 F with body aches. But nothing of the other flue symptoms. My lungs are clean, no sore throat, nothing else except the fever & body ache.
3 days later i went to see my doctor and he said i have influenza and gave me Ibuprofen & acetaminophren.
That lowered the fever but gave me this umbearable abdominal pains with cramps that make me crawl on the floor. So i stopped this treatment after 4 days.
Now its been 7 days of fever, dizziness and body ache.
Is this a normal side effect of the H Pylory treatment????
How long is too long with fever?
Should i go back and ask what?
Please help me.
Thank you sooooo much

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Forgot to mention....not sure if it has any connection. after the fever started i stop smoking....so now i have been one week smoke free.
Not sure of the connection just wanted to add
Thank you again
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources