Gastroenterology Community
Side stomach cramp and blood in stool

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Side stomach cramp and blood in stool

I have been having blood in my stool for over 3 weeks now.  It was red blood mixed in th stool.  And some black spot in stool but not sure if it was blood or not.  Sometimes I have cramp on my right side of stomach(mid to lower).  I have seen my Doctor and a specialist about this.  My specialist thinks it is a hemorroid problem.  But I have a feeling that it is not a hemorroid.  If it is hemorroid, will the bleeding last this long?  I need your opinion please... Thanks.

-Davis
What kind of checkup did they do? How old are you? Could be anything IBD related. Diverticulitis, Ulcerative Colitis. Its on your right side, so perhaps Chrons. Even hemorrhoids. However, blood in stool, especially that much can be an issue. You can become anemic, and it could also be an indicator of bigger things. I would recommend booking an appointment with a GI doctor. They will determine if a colonoscopy is needed or not. Keep us updated, and good luck.
I am 31.  Recently I also have indigestion problem for 5 months now.  They have done Ultrasound, endoscopy, and CT Scan but didn't find anything.  I have scheduled for sigmoidoscopy.

-Davis
Im suprised with cramping on the right side that they would just do a sigmoidoscopy. If I were you, I would discuss doing a colonoscopy instead. If your going to have them half way through your colon, might as well have them go all the way. Could find that its Chrons.