Gastroenterology Community
Small Bowel - Bad smell hour and 40 mns after eating

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hi there,

Today I had a very bad reaction - I got a Lactose free milk coffee from my local place (which I have had before) and about 1 hour and 40 minutes later in my general vacinity a sudden very rank (aweful) smell almost like rotten eggs or rancid smell (which smelled a little like the latose free milk) was in the air. I did not let off any gas and it seem to come out of me.

Background

I have suffered from IBS and on the last test showed that I had candida - i have tried the nilstat etc in the past but it was not very successful. So recenty I have just been avoid all sugar, minimising dairy as much as possible and avoiding wheat. I have also been taking a few probitics every couple of days or so (IBS support by ethical neutrients).

On occasion I have noticed after around 2 hours eating in the past a similar thing has happened but much more minor. A couple of times I just noticed suddenly a bit of a very faint bad smell that passed after a couple of minutes.

I work in an office and are very contious of not smelling so when something like what happened this morning it really disturbs me.

It almost feels like that when food moves from my stomach to small bowel suddenly the smell escapes which might suggest some kind of leakage in my digesstive system? I have had a few colonoscopies in the past to help the doctors turn up an answer but they just came up clean. On the other hand it might be leaky gut from candida ruining my bowel.

Apart from trying to find out why above happened, can you please suggest some ideas for things I can do to stenthen and help heal my bowel and digestive system. Are there any particular things I should take to help heal the gut? I already excercise, eat well (apart from candida restritions), try not to stress but can't get out of work stress sometimes.
hi, the smell is coming out of the paws in your skin, say if someone eats pure garlic everyday for a week, they will smell of garlic for a couple of days after they have stopped eating it, and without burping or relieving gas, you need to cut out the culprit from your diet, trial and error situation.

I am having the same problem, the smell comes through the mouth and nose.  Offensive smell like sulphur, rotten eggs, spoilt food.  This has been happening for a long time have run several tests came up with nothing.  Recently it has been pretty bad.  Moved to a new state my doctor recently sent me for hpylori test and test for liver and gall bladder functions.  Somehow I believe it is stress related.  Let's see what my doctor comes up with.
I have the same problem, the smell comes from the mouth and noses.  My co-workers said it smell like bad cabbage.  This is so embarassing.  Now my co-workers buy air freshner and spray. This really hurt my feelings because I am a perfectionist in reference to cleanlinest.  
I am having the same problem, my stomach is always rumbling an am passing gas constantly. But the smell like rotten eggs comes out of my mouth and nose. This is highly embarassing with people asking "have you farted". I have bin for n endoscopy on my stomach and on my sinuses with little answers. Please can any1 help me this is ruining my life. I have changed my diet and exercise n drink plenty of water. My doctor has jus about given up
HELP!!