Gastroenterology Community
Small Intestine operation

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Small Intestine operation

Good morning,

I had a small intestine operation about 10 years ago because I struggled to loose weight.  I now have this problem with gas, bloating and the nastiest smell when I go to the loo and my tummy works.  Is there some kind of medicine on the market that can iliminate the smell.  I am really suffering and it is causing me to stay home as I am to embarrased to go to other peoples toilets because of the small.  I live in Pretoria in South Africa, have been to numerous docters for this problem but they can't seem to give me anything to take the smell away.  Please please help.
The cause of a foul odor in the stool typically is due to an infection due to Clostridium difficle, changes in the kind/type of bacteria in the bowel, or fat malabsorption. If you haven't been tested for these, you may want to consider it.