Gastroenterology Community
Small ball bowel movements for a year now after colonoscopy
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Small ball bowel movements for a year now after colonoscopy

I had a colonscopy about a year ago and my bowel movements right after the procedure changed to small ball bowel movements for a year now.  The colonoscopy was fine.  I have been taking fiber and drinking about 8 glasses of water a day to see if this will improve my stools.  So far the fiber has not helped.  I have diabetes, type 2 and take Metformin and Glyburide.  I also take Lisinopril and Hydrochlorothiazide for high blood pressure.  I was drinking a soy powder drink for a year and stopped around the time I had the colonoscopy so my diet has changed.  I no longer have the soy in my diet.  I have heard the colonscopy prep liquid (I had ot drink a gallon of this) in some cases causes kidney disease.  I am also concerned about this prep liquid and want to know if it can cause the small ball bowel movements (rabbit pellet type)?  I am post-menopausal  and quit taking my monthly birth control pills.  The water I drink at work is hard water (perhaps a lot of  lime in it).

What should I do and what may have caused  this?  Also is the colonoscopy pre liquid to blame for this?   Do I need to do a colon cleanse?  How  can I get  my bowel movements back to normal size?

Very scare and  concerned.