Somebody help me with some answers
I feel lousy!! It started with bad heartburn, now I have a pain in the top of my stomach, real pain in the center of my chest. and everytime I burp I get s slight burning in my throat. I'm having a hard time swallowing my food, it seems to get caught as it's going down, I can only eat 2 bites or so and I have to drink something to get it down, I have heart palpatations,and spasms on the left side of my stomach. I get light headed, I'll be just sitting here and I feel light headed, it goes away after a few seconds but it's scares the stuffing out of me. I have panic attacks and all this is setting them off, I'm sitting here taking my pulse 20 times a day, I'm taking prilosec and I'm drinking pepto bismol like it's going out of style. I have an appointment with a gastro dr. but it's not until the end of September (the earliest I could get) I think it may be gerd? I'm 57 and very overweight. Any idea, suggestions, something to ease this stuff?? thanks
Does sound a bit like GERD. OK things that help....if u can lose a little weight that will really help you. I know its hard, but even a few kilos could make this go away. Raise the head end of your bed on a house brick. That will help keep the acid in your stomach while u sleep. Eat SLOWLY and chew thoroughly. If u are prone to panic attacks u might be gulping down the food, which won't help. Skip alcohol for a while and try to cut down on caffeine, No fizzy drinks if u can possibly do without them. Avoid chocolate, peppermint and citrus fruit, plus chilli and tomato. Keep a food diary....see what does and doesn't affect u everyone is different. The main thing, according to all the medical journals I have read is the weight and the bed head raising. Hope this helps
GERD...no doubt. If I dont take my protonix, or any other proton pump inhibitor aka PPI like prilosec, prevacid etc... I will have the most awful pain in my git that sends nothing less than liquid fire all the way up into my throat. It is accompanied by lots of burping also.  If I dont eat, it happens, If I eat ez foods like plain oatmeal, it happens., whatever I eat...it happens.   Now u may just have acid reflux and diet changes may help. Also u may try tagament or other types of otc remedies.  Nothing short of the PPI's will work for me but I tried all the other ones first. My issues began as a kid. I inherited my dad's stomach and we would both be drinking baking soda and water back in those days as that takes care of indigestion fast...like alka seltzer does.  Good luck. Remember though all that acid does create damage to the esophagus and can cause serious conditions if left untreated. They say the "purple pill" prilosec does help to heal that damage but I dont know for sure.