Gastroenterology Community
Sore anus

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Sore anus

This only started yesterday as far as I am aware, and it got worse as the day went on, but I noticed that when I sit down my anus is sore, mainly the 'crack' area (for lack of a more polite term). I also noticed that it feels 'wet' or that if I sit down for long periods my bum becomes wet. I don't know whether this is sweat or something else, but I feel the need to go and wipe my behind and notice that there is faeces on the tissue, not a lot (to the extent as if going to the toilet for a no. 2) but its there. I also noticed that my bum cheeks, close to the 'crack' are quite red, not sore but it still looks unusual. It feels quite uncomfortable to sit down now, not that I can't sit, it's just not too comfortable.

I know it's not a pleasant thing to be reading about, and it's all the more 'uncomfortable' for me to be asking about it, but I feel like I need to as I'm not sure what the problem is, so I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of what this soreness and the associated symptoms could be caused by?

Thank you for the help.

Regards.