Gastroenterology Community
Sore stomach, feels very tight.

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Sore stomach, feels very tight.

Hello everyone,

This past weekend I went off my birth control pills after being on them for nearly a year (continuous) and needed a lot of pain relief. I was taking advil and ponstel for the pain. Sunday evening I started back with the BC and immediately felt nauseated, so much that I woke in the middle of the night. I thought it was due to going back on the pill but on Tuesday I received the Depo shot and went back off it. It has been going on since then. Last night I was in excruciating pain due to a sore stomach. I can't really eat anything (though eating does help a bit), been burping quite a bit, my stomach feels tight and sore, and it keeps gurgling. I feel it has something to do with acids in my stomach but I've tried Maalox, Tums and Zantac and none of them have relieved the symptoms- actually making them worse sometimes. Any ideas? Thanks!