Soreness after Colonoscopy
I had a colonoscopy two days ago.  Two large poylps were removed.  I now have soreness which seems to be coming from my tailbone.  Has anyone else had this?  Is it just muscle sorenes?  It hurts to sit for a long time.

Thanks!
Hi - I have had more colonoscopies than I dare count, as have had Crohn's since 1970. I have never experienced any discomfort in the tailbone after the procedure. It could be the gastro or tech was a little rough when putting the colonoscope in. I am sure it will get better in a few days, just needs time for the body to settle down after such an invasive procedure. Hope all goes well.
Liz.
CRF
Hi I had a colonoscopy in Dec 2006. I too had a few polyps removed bot nothing wasa wrong, but I have had tailbone pain eversince, and it is getting worse. I am going to see my doctor but with no insurance and still paying for the colonoscopy, I'm not sure if I'll be able to have any further tests if I need them. I was hoping that the pain would go away, but it has not, so if your s doesn't clear up soon which I hope it does I would see your doctor.
After getting mine, I was fine, I guess the doctors were being a little rough, but if the pain continues you should go see the Gastroenterologist.