Gastroenterology Community
Sour taste
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sour taste

Hi, I'm 18 years old and I have been experiencing a salty/sour taste in my mouth for a while as well as a white coating in the rear of my tongue. I usually feel this funny taste after I eat food in the afternoon. I brush my teeth and tongue twice a day, drink lots of water, and use a Biotene dry mouth mouthwash. I don't eat much meat and usually eat plenty of fruits and veggies. I do eat curry and spicy foods. In the morning I can brush the gunk off my tongue no problem, it's pretty much pink, but in the afternoon the back of my tongue gradually gets a white coat and I feel that annoying sour taste plus bad breath. Chewing gum helps me salivate, but doesn't really remove the white stuff. I don't think I have fungal infections because the white stuff is only on my tongue. I don't know if I have GERD because I don't feel strong discomfort, heart burns in chest area after eating ( unless I go exercising right afterwards).

So my question is: Is their some underlying problem, or are these symptoms caused by stress, or is there really no problem at all?