Soy and swelling
After many years and many visits to many doctors (without any real diagnosis),  I believe I may have a secondary allergy to soy. From my research I have found that this is called "delayed-type hypersensitivity". What happens is it causes a generalized inflammatory response, which can last up to four days. In me, it can cause my stomach and/or intestines to swell, cause acid reflux and cause my stool to be long and ribbon-like. If I continue to eat it, it causes my intestines to become backed up, most likely from the continued swelling.

I noticed this happens after eating Chinese food (no MSG). However, it also seems to happen after I eat ice cream as well - but I can't seem to find soy in it.

What I would like to know is how I would go about finding out for sure if it's soy or if it's something else?

And is there anyone else out there that has this same problem?
Bbaggins, check this out: http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1906491

It's very possible that you're cross-reactive to both soy and dairy - the protein component in dairy, casein. Also be careful because many with cross-reactivity to casein also may have problems with gluten (wheat, rye, barley and some oats).