Spasms 3 weeks after ERCP w/manometry & sphincterotomy - Normal?
I had an ERCP with manometry & sphincterotomy for Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction II about four weeks ago at a university hospital. I felt great last week (week 3) for the first time in 3-4 years. This week, my "stomach" feels like it is in a knot about an hour after I eat. It is a deep, gnawing pain going right to my spine. No nausea, though. I have had this pain for three days right in the center of my belly, directly under my xyphoid process. Levsin helps for a little while and then the pain returns when I eat again. I had an EGD a month before my ERCP and was told that my Nissan looked good. Manometry showed pressures of 208 and 203. My pancreatic duct was not explored at that time. This being said, I have a couple of questions:

1) Does this sound like the usual course of events and time frame to still be having these "spasms"?

2) When can I expect to be symptom free? Will I be symptom free?

3) Is this something that I will have the rest of my life? If so, what can I do to keep it from affecting me so much? I have missed another three days of work because of pain that wakes me up at 0330 or so.

Thank you for taking the time to answer or give feedback.