Gastroenterology Community
Spasms in right side of abdomen
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spasms in right side of abdomen

For about a year now I have had involuntary spasms in my abdomen. They feel like fetal movement (I know I'm not pregnant, b/c I had a hysterectomy) and at times LOOK like fetal movement. They are NOT painful but just kind of freaky. I have dismissed them for muscle spasms but I find it odd that they are always in the same place and I am not working out my abs. They are located right of my belly button and a little to the upper part of the abdomen. I have been reading a little about gallbladder spasms....could this be it? Any insight to this symptom would be greatly appreicated. My sister has had her gallbladder removed due to gallbladder problems so I just wonder if I am going down that route. I have no other medical problems, eat healthy, not overweight, but I do have the occasional "bathroom trauma" as we like to call in our house.