Gastroenterology Community
Special diet after colon resection for benign mass
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Special diet after colon resection for benign mass

I had my surgery July 29th for the removal of 1 foot of my colon.  Results of pathology were good as the mass was benighn.
I had the full range of bodily functions post op, but now feel constipated.  Staying away from fiber and eating more protein and little meals.  

Any suggestions for post op diet for advoid constipation?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Before you do anything else, make sure you check with your doctor/surgeon. Constipation could indicate a blockage and that needs to be addressed promptly.
Blank
Thanks for your response.  All systems are working.  I did call my doctor and she told me it could take time for things to get back to normal.  I have all the signs of restoring my colon back to good health.  
Blank
In the beginning right after your colon begins to work again, it can slow down or stop momentarily, which is normal.  Eat easily digestable foods for now, and small amounts throughout the day with plenty of liquids.  Also, don't sit around a lot, walk to get everything moving correctly, even if just short distances, it aids in recovery as well.  I'm so happy that it was benign and your life will be back to normal quickly! Good luck to you and take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank