Gastroenterology Community
Spleen Enlargement
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spleen Enlargement

I have also been diagnosed with a mild spleen enlargement and from reading causes on the net, I am getting worried also. Mine started with a very mild mild sensation just below my left rib cage. After a few months, I decided to seek medical attention. The first test was blood and CT scan. Blood work was normal, but the CT scan showed an enlarged spleen with a 17cm length. He followed up a few months later with an ultrasound and discovered the spleen was now 13 cm's and didn't seem too concerned. The Gastrointestinal doctor referred me to a hematologist/oncologist just to follow thru with a complete diagnoses. The ongologist did more blood work which is still normal and ordered another ultrasound 2 months later. He palpated my spleen and didn't feel anything. He checked my lymphnodes and didn't seem swollen.  After the 2 month ultrasound, I just received word that the volume had increased from 460 cm^3 to 615 cm^3 but the length has not increased. They described it as mild enlargement again.  A difference of 155 does not seem alot outside the body, but seems huge to me being on the inside of the body. Do I need to be worried, or can a spleen flucuate and still be normal? Any educational advise would be helpful.

This discussion is related to Mildly Enlarged Spleen but normal blood tests...Please help..Scared...