Splenic cyst
Has anyone ever heard of a splenic cyst and the recommended tx? I have had pain and other GI problems for a year and a half. An ultrasound showed gallstones (small) and the CT showed a small plenic cyst. My PCP is not concerned about the cyst but thinks I  should get my gallbladder removed. All other tests were negative. Any suggestions or recommendations? Various meds have not helped and I'm tired of going to Dr's and still being in pain...
The cause and size of the cyst may determine what is done for them. In some cases the spleen is removed, in others, the cyst is removed or the spleen is 'resectioned.' Some docs - if the person is not bothered by it - do nothing about it. It's a question than can only be answered when all the facts about the cyst are known.
Please be advised:  I had my gall bladder removed last April and have had almost constant diarrhea ever since.  I know of 3 friends (all younger than me) and an elderly person say they have the same problem now too.  The surgeon I had made no mention of this beforehand -- now I have to wear diapers whenever I go anywhere.  Make sure you need the surgery beforehand and ask your surgion about the diarrhea afterwards.  Post your outcome -- I will be looking forward to it and hope you have better luck than I did.  ...Maybe there is a better ending for me too eventually.  aar1151