Gastroenterology Community
Stabbing pains in my stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stabbing pains in my stomach

Once in awhile I would get this stabbing pains in my stomach it feels like someone just stabbed me so hard in my stomach. I don't know what it is and I'm so afraid to go to my doctor about it. The stabbing pains last for a few minutes.
This is probably caused by the fact that you needed to have a BM, were somewhere where you couldn't, and tried to hold it in until another more convenient time.

Doing so will cause the stabbing pains you mention.  This happened to me several times when I was a young teen, until someone explained to me what the problem was.  Any doctor will tell you the same.  And yes, it feels just like someone is stabbing you with a knife!
where is the pain located?  If it's above your belly button it is your stomach.  You could have an ulcer