Still not processing fat after laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
I am a 30 year old woman that has Idiopathic Gastroparesis, GERD, and recently had a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy due to Acute Cholecystitis. I am currently on Domperidone and Nexium for the reflux and gastroparesis. I had the surgery at the end of Jan 2010. My surgeon told me to slowly reintroduce fats into my diet; I have not been successful. After I eat anything with a little amount of fat I experience diarrhea that consist of (what I can best describe as) orange goo. I was on cholestyramine for a while because I had chronic diarrhea immediately after the surgery. That cleared up, but anytime I eat anything besides grilled chicken and veggies I end up with the orange goo. My gastroenterologist doesn't seemed concerned with this, but the diet is hard to stick to and I am loosing a substantial amount of weight. If I loose too much I will probably have to go with a gastric pacemaker and I am not ready for that yet. Is this normal, or should I be worried that my body still isn't processing fat correctly?