Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Bloating & Pain under breastbone
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach Bloating & Pain under breastbone

Hey,

I am asking this question online cause I have no idea what tests to do or what kind of doctor to see for my condition..

A couple months ago, I was in Miami seeing my boyfriend and about 4 to 5 times during a period of 4 weeks, started feeling this intense pain under my breastbone.. At the top of my ribcage. My boyfriend blamed heartburn, but this wasnt it. It was just pain in a located area. I looked it up online and decided to have a peppermint tea, which helped. Since then Ive had this pain a couple times, and resort to drinking my peppermint tea and I have assumed the pain is from gas pains..

However, recently I went on the Master Cleanse for 10 days.. drinking only water with maply syrup, lemon and cayenne pepper..I felt I needed to cleanse out my system, and it worked.. I felt much revived. But a day into eating, I got really bloated.. which is maybe because I ate too fast or too much, watever..I didnt think anything of it, but the next day, I suddenly got this excruciating pain, under my breastbone again, but MUCH much more painful.. I was literally crying, drinking my peppermint tea.. and asked my mum to go find something I could take at the pharmacy.. They gave me these little soft gel gas pills.. Which I took, and the pain did go away.. But then it happened again the next day. The day after that, it wasn't so bad, but I could feel it was still there.. You know? There was something wrong.

Then the day after that, on saturday, the 'thing'/feeling under my breastbone was gone but it seemed to have moved down to my lower stomach. Weird no? I was hoping whatever it is would could out in the bathroom, but today is wednesday and it's still there. So when I rub on my stomach, i feel this lump.. And if i press in certain places (varies everyday) it's painful.. Which I dont think it should be.

Im still taking the gas pills, and taking herbal laxatives to help go to the bathroom.. But Im not really going and this thing is still in my stomach.. I've always usually got a nice stomach but at the moment it's bloated, and looks huge!! It's also veryyyy problematic, as it is making me feel sluggish and not willing to move or work out.. I hate feeling this way..

So, has anyone felt like this or similar to this and could someone not only tell me what the hell is going on, but what was the cause and also how to cure it!!!!

Additional info is that im 21, never had any real problems to do with heartburn or anything like that.. Though I do think I have a terrible digestive system.. So any help towards how I could reset it or help restore it would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Tasha x