Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Bloating

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach Bloating

Hello

I have being suffering from stomach bloating for a year now. I also suffer from chronic constipation. It has gotten worse with time. I know I am allergic to yeast mold in bread so I don't eat any bread product. My primary care doctor told me to change my diet, which I changed it to organic foods. I eat mostly fruit, fiber vegatbles, and dairy product such as yogurt to help me with my constipation problems. I also avoid bloating related foods such as beans and caffeine. Bloating could be related to constipation, but every since I changed by diet to high fiber, my bloating and hard stomach has not gone away at all. After I eat, my stomach hurts and extends. Even when I don;t eat, my bloating stomach sticks out and looks preganant, which I am not. I have taken every possible measure to relief bloating, uncomfortable, and painful feeling in my stomach. I eat 3 healthy meals a day- 2 snacks which are fruits. I don't know what else to do anymore? Help please!
Tags: Colon
i also suffer from chronic constipation.  Actually, diagnosed with colonic inertia a couple of weeks ago.  They also did upper scope and gastric emptying study and found that I have a lazy/slow digesting stomach.  This is the cause for the bloating.  Whether or not I eat.  I also look like i am pregnant.  My husband calls me a chia pet because it will just start growing at times.  Doc put me on domperidone, experimental drug for the stomach.  Supposed to "jump start" digestion.  Have been on it a week and no change at all.  Today actually worse than the last couple of weeks and I only ate a banana for lunch.  Might mention this to your doctor.  Other than that, they are still running me through tests so I cant give any more guidance.  Good luck.
hi what is colonic inertia and how is it diagnosed?  I also have the bloating, my lil girl swears  she is ganna be a big sister..   I have chronic conspation and gastroparesis (which is the slow stomach emptying) I would love to hear from you!!
I have what sounds to me to be the same symptoms as you. I recently got back from Mayo Clinic in Rochester and they diagnosed me with Bacterial Overgrowth in my small intestine. They had me take a breath test in order to see where my hydrogen and methane levels where sitting. A normal person rests between 3-4 mine were at 55-66 for the methane so they knew I had a large amount of bacteria creating air in my stomach. This often results from antibiotics which mess up your normal bacteria equation and bad bugs can sometimes take over. Normal doctors wanted to just tell me I had IBS but Mayo assured me that was not the case. Now the antibiotics Mayo gave me to kill the bad bugs worked temporarily but as soon as I started eating normally the bloating came back. So I researched for days what might be causing the bugs to cling on in my gut and came up with INTESTINAL CANDIDA OVERGROWTH. It is a yeast build up in the intestines that can cause a wide range of symptoms which I had almost everyone. The bacteria cause the bloating but you can't kill them till you kill the yeast. NYSTATIN and FLUCONAZOLE kill the yeast. Doctor shop till you find one who will work with you on this most won't. The medication has barely any side-effects but doctors for some reason don't see this as a disease but it is I assure you. I'm on the beginning stages of treatment and it seems to be helping. Also you have to change your diet temporarily. No sugar, grains, alcoholic beverages ect. Meat and vegies are your diet. Feel free to email me for further questions....***@**** Take care.