Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Discomfort

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach Discomfort

I have discomfort within my stomach. It feels like my stomach muscles tightens or rumbles often. I do not vomit, nor do I feel sick. Can you tell me what do you think is my problem?
Hi there!  You need to provide more information, like do you suffer from constipation or diarrhea or both?  Do you belch often?  Does the discomfort occur after eating, etc. ? The more details you provide, the more people will provide some possible answers to your question.   So pay attention to when, how, and anything else that seems to have something to do with the stomach discomfort.  

Hope someone is able to help.
Hello Dwight,
As you probably know I am not a doctor, and if you read my posts you probably have seen that I have a lot of GI issues that I dont understand myself, however I will try to give you some advice and ask some questions to you that may help lead you in the right direction.

With my issues, I do feel like my intestines tighen up and it does make a lot of sounds, but I am highly uncomfortable and I cannot release my bowel normally.

Some of the things I tried early on that really seemed to assist me was Miralax and Senna Teas. These 2 rememdies helped the best, however for me only lasted a little time. You may want to see if that helps depending on the severity of your issue.

Senna teas however are considered a laxative that over time or with execessive use can hurt your GI tract. Miralax however is safe and the doctors say you can use it without harming yourself.

Are you constipated? Do you have normal bowel movements?

You may want to get a colonscopy if you have not already. One of my friends did so, and the GI doctor said that her intestines were very tight and that during the procedure they loosen it up. (how exactly I do not know) but I believe it was during the procedure and help stretch them.

I hope this helps you. I know how uncomfortable stomach issues can be.

~Barbeezee