***Stomach Growling ---WHY?-- Thyroid?
I have a hypothyroid and my stomach has been growling for three weeks now. I have lost like 7 pounds since then. Is there anything seriously wrong in anyones opinion? I seen the doctor twice and he has me on synthroid. I had blood work done but never gave me an answer for the stomach growling. Just wondering if this could be something serious. It is not painful just uncomfortable hearing it!
A loss of some 7 lbs in three weeks is obviously a cause for concern and further investigation - unless you are starving yourself. Hopefully the new medication will allow your metabolism to return to normal. I have Crohn's and get quite severe "growling and gurgling" - in my case I realise it is because my food goes through my intestines too quickly, but as long as I do my weekly injection of methotrexate, I don't worry. My weight is now stable at 110 lbs, whereas I went down to some 70 lbs before Crohn's was diagnosed. Just keep on top of the problem and seek help if your weight significantly reduces.
Liz.
An ulcer can also causes stomach growling,
my stomach constantly growls/gurgles whether it's when i'm hungry or after i've eaten. it's been going on for awhile now and i'm starting to worry it's more than just my intestines digesting the food. please help!