Stomach Issues After Salmonella Poisoning
About three weeks ago I had diarrhea before a vacation that lasted through the vacation. I had blood and mucus in the diarrhea, then vomited only once throughout that as well.  I had to visit the ER on the my trip because I was so concerned about the blood and mucus. I also had a low grade fever of about 99-101 throughout this as well. After two days of the gastro issues and four days of the fever I started feeling much better and eventually ate regular food.

Well over the past 2 weeks since then my stomach still feels unsettled. Rumbling occasionally and also occasionally loose stools. I went to the doctor and she thinks I'm still recovering from the gastroenteritis, but I have also noticed what I thought was mucus, but now I have scared myself into thinking it might be worms or something.

Could this be a parasite? I asked the doctor about that and she did not seem concerned about a parasite because I hadn't lost weight. But what else would the white looking mucus type things be in the stool. Please help if you can. I'm so paranoid about this now after looking around on the internet. Thank you in advance.