Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Noises

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach Noises

I have had different symptoms for the past 3 months including bloating, gas, loose stools, stomach burning.....no other symptoms apart from stomach. Most of these symptoms have gone away but my stomach which used to gurgle has downgraded to frequent growling. This has been very embarassing and I have been extra careful with my diet. I have done different tests and even seen a GI doctor and they do not seem to find anything. My stool has also been stringy and soft. Could you please help?
Hi,did your gi dr mention ibs? I Also  have alot of loud stomach noise,sometimes keeps me awake at night,with chronic abdominal pain..lost over 70lbs in 6 months and all my gi test are normal!I think the sounds are trapped gas or just your body digesting,its normal to have stomach/bowel sounds,but I do it constantly..it is annoying,ppl stare at me in stores..haha.I'm 28 and since the stomach noise started I pretty much stay home,killing my social life.Were you tested for celiac sprue or lactose intolerence?? bacterial overgrowth of small bowel can cause alot of gas,bloating,and loose stools.Take Care (:
Do you guys have any loss of appetite feeling or the need to go "Number 2" almost instantly after eating?? Not always diarrhea, but not far from it. I have this constant gurgling and weird liquid noises in my stomach all the time, have no idea what it is.
Hi,I have the same feeling after eating,but usually I cant go or I know I dont have to,just the urge for bowel movement is there,dr thinks its  ulcerative colitis.I have no appetite and alot of nausea,these sounds are constant and never go away,really annoying,and the bloating is awful! Before this I never did this,its been this way for months,no idea either what it is.
Have you guys try neutralising gas with chewing gum,Extra strength Gax-X,alka seltzer etc??
Keep your bowel moving every day and dont eat junk food.

I was cleared of Helicobacter Infection, then gastritis, this
is going back over eight years now, I had two Endoscopies and
one Breath Test, all clear, over the last year or so, my symptoms
of burping (very noisy at times) inflammation of the lining of the throat and stomach seems to be geting worse, I sometimes
feel acid coming up to my throat, even though I use one Lansoprazole at night, my Doctors just keep on telling me to
take Lansoprazole during the day as well.

I am going through the Menopause at present and I am overweight,
I am so worried about throat cancer, please advise.  I get no
satisfaction from my Doctor.

Thanks.
Im 25 and constantly day and night i have various episodes throughout the day of stomach noises and passing wind and sometimes do get a dull ache around my upper chest. My doctor has advised me to use Gaviscone and this does work for a short whille but then the problem is back again. I feel there is more to the problem but do not know what to do. And ever since i have had anxiety problems in the past my doctor seems to not be very helpful or even concerned as with anxiety it can cause you to be stressed which can cause these kind of symptoms, but currently at present im fine and the only problem i have is this Gas problem!!

What should i do?.....
Olive Oil is a great help I find. The fatty acids really slow down the intestional contractions and prevent much or any stomach noise.

Source:http://www.silentstomach.com
I went to a "naturopathy" doctor a few months a go and it was the best decision I ever made. Just a suggestion.
I've been suffering with this nightmare for a few years now. I've went to my family doctor several times and all she's said is to journal what I eat. Well that was tough because everything I'd eat the stomache noises would come on. I can be waking up in the morning and have an empty stomach and the noises are there. It's the worst most embarrassing thing. I also avoid theatres and meetings I dread..... Finally I self referred myself to a GI and she prescribed me an antibiotic thinking I had bacteria growth in my small intestine. Well I took them for the 10 days and absolutely nothing happened. I called her back and she was surprised to hear that, so she has now prescribed Hyomax-SL 0.125 and it's been helping A LOT! It's a small tablet that you put under your tongue 3 times a day. So far so good.... But, I still have my fingers crossed that it takes this nightmare away forever....
hi I'm having the same symptoms, my stomach makes noises all the time, even with an empty stomach along with chest and back pain. this has caused me a lot of anxiety thinking i have something bad. my insurance ***** and wont let me go to an specialist.

I have been having noises like um... there hard to describe like stomach growls and gurgling. I am 14 and have had stomach problems in the past I don't know if this is aftereffect or something. They have even kept me up at night out of worrying it's something serious.
sorry if I already posted I didn't see my comment there. I am 14 and this is the first night I have been having stomach noises. I have a history of past stomach medical problems(not appendicitis though.) so might be aftereffect of those. I also have occasional dull stomach pain. Anyone know causes, what's wrong with me, and if I should go to my doctor?
Have you found anything for the stomach noise? to cure it or quiet it a little?  
Hello Everyone, I am sooooo glad that I looked at this site. I have been searching for others that may have this same problem. Alot of people can't understand how you can isolate yourself but you have got to do what you have to do. I have been enduring this embarassing illness for about 8 years now. I alternate different remedies because I get tired of the same old routine. I am still learning how to adapt to this way of life. Here are some tips that helps me........Eliminating Coffee, Drinks, Junk Food, Health Bars, Cereals, Processed Foods and Juices. Try to avoid all of these for the first 3 days and then if you want, add one of them to see if it would trigger any noise. I got sick my stomach noises so I decided that it wasn't worth the try. The noises that I do have now, I know what triggers them. I have lost alot of weight as well but that's just an extra benefit. I was really more concerned with my health and well being. I will check back to this site for any updates. I am enjoying reading others who have had their share of noises paths to cross.

Hope this Helps,
Take Care Everyone
Your Noisy Fellow American...
I am 23 and have had this since the age of 21, it started with me having a milkshake from wendy`s than acid build up in my throat which made me feel like I could not breathe gasping for air, than I got antibiotics and the acid dropped to my stomach so now its out of my throat and I always get a sour stomach all the time, have really bad gas, can hear gurgling noises and the opposite has actually happened to me I am gaining weight like crazy because when ever my stomach feels sour I eat.Does anyone have any ideas what these could be symptoms of.I am going to try a new probiotic called HSO which is suppose to be the strongest probiotic on the net for gastro, cost me $25 will let you all know how it works.I lost around 70 pounds when I was 21 from feeling like I was constantly grasping for air and not eating now I have gained that back and than some.This is extremely weird what I got going on.I have tried everything from charcoal pills to acid reducers and they do not help.Been to doc and got a barium swallow, he thinks my stomach may just be wired differently.Please do post your comments, this condition makes life unbearable at times and it cost a ton to go to a specialty gastro clinic so with no money it makes it hard, I use to go to medical doctors on base but it was no help, they did nothing for me.
Hi lise765,

I am wondering if the  Hyomax-SL worked for you long term.