Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Pain/Yellow Diarrhea

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach Pain/Yellow Diarrhea

Not proud to describe this, but this has gone on long enough and I need help. Please!

Since the beginning of June, I've been having constant/slightly painful diarrhea, a lot of bloating and abdominal pain to the point where I can't stand up straight, and now for the past few weeks my diarrhea has come out a slight yellow-ish color. In the beginning, I wouldn't be able to break wind unless I went to the bathroom and it would be so loud! Then I would have a one-week period where I simply could not go to the bathroom without using an enema... this went on for weeks. My gas and bloating would wake me up in the middle of the night for 3 months, and I would wake up early to use the bathroom as well. No matter what I eat, my stool comes out the same, except for random occasions every 3 to 4 days when they're slightly more solid. I only realized that my stomach would feel slightly better if I didn't eat wheat, but I got tested for Celiac and it came back negative.
My diet currerntly consists of egg white omelets with veggies, sweet potatoes, tilapia fish with salads... very healthy since I'm training... and I also have protein shakes. I ate Raisin Bran randomly last night, and literally 2 minutes later, I had very severe stomach pain and ran into the bathroom, and everything came out.
I've gotten a pregnancy test and I'm not pregnant, I don't have any STD's, I'm negative for Celiac... I don't know what's wrong. The only thing I can possibly think of is that I got a parasite when I went to South Africa in mid-April, but I doubt it because I mainly ate apples and bread. And now my diarrhea has been coming out slightly yellow and it's making me nervous. Please help!!
Have you had any problems with your gallbladder? The gallbladder produces yellow bile that empties into the duodenum of the stomach to aid digestion.Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS)displays all the symptoms you describe. Constipation, abdominal bloating, diarrhea include the symptoms of IBS. Sometimes, muscle contraction in the intestines can speed up and send food through the intestines undigested that causes symptoms like yours. Women have IBS much more tham men.Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, says there are 25 digestive disorders, and some have similar symptoms. If you have not yet been to a Gastroenterologist, I advise you to make an appointment. In the meantime, lets assume that IBS is the choice of your problems, and you can learn all you can read at a government website that lists, explains, offer symptoms of digestive disorders from A to Z. Go to http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov. Click on the Digestion link on the home page and the next page lists the disorders. You can read about the Gallbladder, Bile, IBS, and other disorders that will help you be informed about your problems when you talk with a doctor.

Good luck.

Harrald

Thank you for the link/helpful information harrald!!