Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Pain and Fainting

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach Pain and Fainting

I wonder if anyone can help me.  For the last 9 years, I've suffered from extreme upper abdominal pain - so much so that if someone was to push me there I feel like I would either be immediately sick, or faint.  On several occasions I've been in the bathroom convinced i was going to be sick, but to my amazement I faint!!  This has happened several times, the worst being when i was woken by the pain/nausea and fainted twice in the same night.  After fainting, the pain seems to be less apparent, although I'm very weak.  I have been to my doctors several times and had ultrasound and an endoscopy, both of which found nothing.  I've also tried various tablets suggested by my doctor, none of which improve my symptoms.  Another point to add is that I feel sick in the mornings, which eases as the day progresses, however, the though of food makes things worse.  I am quite an anxious/nervous person, and as such my doctor suggested that it is probably symptoms of IBS.  Can anyone recommend anything that might help?

Many Thanks
I have similar symptons. I wake up in the middle of the night with severe stomach pain and I am very hot. I feel that I either am going to have diarreah (diarrhea) or that I am going to vomit. So I go to the bathroom and normal pass out some times i'll have diarreah (diarrhea) or throw up. Its a horrible feeling and its pretty scary. Doctors dont have a clue why I do this either. I first thought it had something to do with my gallbladder but I had it out this year and is hasnt helped. If you find out something let me know.