Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach Pain

I'm a 20 year old female who has had recurrent abdominal pain since the middle of July. The most common symptom is relentless stomach gurgling and nausea- whether or not my stomach is full. I have a decreased appetite and always feel bloated. Some days even water can set off an episode in which i need to lay still until the nausea passes, which is sometimes an hour or two later.I have not vomited at all, however. I have occasional bouts of diarrhea but cannot seem to pinpoint what or if a certain type of food causes it. After I have a BM i actually tend to feel worse and may need to go again 1 or 2 more times in a short time period. I usually feel best in the morning when i wake up but then an hour or two later start to feel sick. I tend to feel worst after i eat my first meal of the day (If i even get to that point). I'm not lactose intolerant. I recently went to a gastroenterologist who thinks it could be IBS just because of my age and overall health but I don't agree. He is doing blood and stool tests, haven't gotten the results yet. I'd love some feedback from anyone who could help! Thank you!