Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach Pain

Hi All,

For the past 2 days I've been experiencing a sharp pain in my upper abdomen, that comes and goes throughout the day.  It does get worse, but only for a few seconds to a few minutes, after both eating and drinking.  Sometimes when walking for a prolonged period of time, it also starts to hurt, though not "stop me in my tracks" intensely.  My bowel movements are pretty infrequent, only once in the last 2 days, and have had a noticeable loss in appetite and slight bloating.  The pain has gotten better since it started (the first night it woke me from my sleep), but it is still very noticeable.  

Usually I wouldn't worry, but I'm currently on a trip in China, and would really like to find some piece of mind/know if I should make it an issue to go to a doctor. I've been drinking bottled water only, and I trust the food I've been eating as the friend I'm staying with has a private chef.  

The only abnormal thing I can think of, is that I consumed 2 small glasses of red wine the night before this started to happen...which is much less than I usually drink...so I'm not really sure if that's a factor.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance!