Gastroenterology Community
Stomach Sloshing??

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach Sloshing??

Hi, around August I noticed that whenever I make any movements my stomach makes sloshing noises that are audible. Even if you simply press on my stomach, you can hear and feel the liquid splashing. My primary care Dr thought it was related to high stomach acid, but after a month on omeprazole my sloshing was not getting any better. My next trip was to a GI who was deaf and could not hear the noise, she put me back on the omeprazole.. obviosusly still no improvement. So I went to a different GI who ordered an endoscopy to test for celiac and H.pylori and the results have not come back yet. For another example, today I ate my first meal around 10:30 in the morning(gluten free) and at 1:30 if I move or if you press on my stomach, it makes the sloshing noise and sound. This causes me to become nauseous and sometimes vomit if it happens when I run. Some people I have spoken to have said it may be slow digestion, I don't know though. Please help I am at my wits end trying to figure this out I simply cannot take it anymore. please help me!!
Two things:  Gas and maybe constipation.  If you do not have daily bowel movements, and in fact when you go it's kind of hard to get it out, then you probably are constipated.  If you have waste that piles up in your guts, the food you eat daily will have nowhere to go, so it stays in your tummy!  So, if you think you might be constipated, do the three things that will stop it:  Drink extra water, exercise regular, and eat enough fiber foods.  On the fiber, introduce slowly, to include oat cereal, wheat bread (or whatever nongluten type grain you can consume), dark green vegies and salads.  On the water, shoot for around five extra glasses a day as a habit, and if you take meds that cause "dry mouth," the water will help counteract that, too.  Exercise that uses the tummy, that helps the digestive muscles work better.

Gas can be relieved by ordinary plain Alka Seltzer Original, becuz could be you have pockets of it caused by indigestion or whatever, and the seltzer will release it.  Also, you could have an intestinal bacteria floating around in your bowel, stool samples can find this.  Or you could have slow stomach emptying on account of the little flap that goes from the stomach to the beginning of the small intestine isn't working like it should, and they'll do "stomach-emptying tests" to see how that flap is working.
You realize your stomach has liquid in it and when you move it sloshes around. If you put liquid in a bottle and shake and hear the liquid moving around your not gonna scream WHY THE **** DO I HEAR SLOSHING!!!! You're gonna say there's liquid in this bottle