Stomach Spasms, Nausea, gas, bloating,
Okay, I'm going to keep this as brief as I possibly can. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same symptoms or recognizes what this might be.  I'm not sure if it's all related!  

Five years ago, I got very ill.  The symptoms were mono-like (severe nausea, strep throat), but the tests kept coming up negative.  I was sick for several weeks.  So sick that I lost twelve pounds.  I was prescribed several antibiotics until I finally kicked it.  

I considered myself digestive problem free until right after this.  I suffered from constipation, gas, bloating, nausea.  It was all unrelated to any food that I ate.  The doctors suspected IBS.  I had a test for parasites and a CBC.  

I learned to "stomach" the symptoms. I eat very, very well.  I'm rarely feeling perfect, but I've managed.  Then, another symptom started.  Sometime during the day I will feel tired, then nausea, then my stomach will start spasming.  I will feel violently ill and often spend a lot of time throwing up. It's gotten to the point where I've gotten sick at 7:00PM and not gotten to sleep until 6:00AM. During these episodes I've noticed mild back aches (I normally don't have back problems) and sometimes I feel like my legs are jittery or my leg muscles are spasming. I've chalked this up to tensing up, but I'm sometimes not so sure.

The doctors did an Upper GI series and spotted "a little reflux." I've been on Ratitidine, then Prilosec, and the episodes haven't gone away.  Someone suggested a gluten allergy, and I was tested for that. It came up negative.  

One more thing...I am a 26-year-old female.  I sometimes notice that the episodes seem worse right before my period....but my lower abdomen (where I would feel period cramps) feels fine.  

I'm hoping someone, out there, has an idea.......
I should also add that I never have heartburn so the reflux diagnoses seems a little odd. I've also had an outbreak of cavities (possibly reflux related?)  
Hey I'm a 22-year-old female and I have been having not EXACTLY the same, but extremely similar symptoms. It started the same way too...I had a terrible flu like thing that seemed last about a month off and on. Now, I keep having what you refer to as episodes, and I never really feel 100%. One main difference I should point out is that for every time you say you've vomited, mine has been coming out the other end, although I'm not sure how weird that is, since I've never really been much of a puker. But I have the exact same thing with the random, weird nausea feeling and the stomach spasms. Also the jittery leg thing happens whenever I have a bad episode.

I know it's been a while since you posted this and I was hoping that if you see this, you could tell me how you're doing now... Any change? Any legit diagnosis?

My doctors have run the same tests as yours, only not the GI series (yet) and have also come up with nothing. Apparently, I'm a perfectly healthy 22 year old. Doesn't feel that way!

One thing I can suggest that you may not have considered is seeing a therapist. I know it sounds unnecessary and probably unrelated, and in your case, it might be, but I saw a shrink earlier this week for the first time and I've already noticed a small difference in how I feel. Anxiety is apparently a huge factor in why I feel this way. Truthfully, many people in my family have IBS, and it's likely I am developing it now, but dealing with the anxiety that comes along with it might change how your episodes go, it has for me. The leg trembling is likely related to anxiety, and if you ever get the sweaty palms or any tingling in your fingers or around your mouth, that's caused by hyperventilation, caused by anxiety. I had the latter when my flu symptoms were at their worst.

Any of this helpful at all?