Gastroenterology Community
Stomach and Back Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach and Back Pain

Sometimes when I eat, I get severe lower abdominal pain and mid back pain (around the same level as my shoulder blades).  The only thing that makes me feel better is to either sit bent over, or laying down in a ball and waiting for it to go away.  I have no idea what is causing it, and please let me know if you have any insight!  Thanks!
I hope you find out as I have the same problem, it feels better if I sit on the stool and rock forward and backward.  It hurts so low in my groing, I generally have a bowel movement that later turns into a watery stool but does not start out that way.  Have to sit there for quite awhile or turn right around and go back in there.  
cannot trust myself to be able to go out and shop after eating as it happens so often.  I do have ibs but it seems to be getting more frequent.  Good luck to you, I know it really hurts and generally soon after eating.  Yours hurting around your shoulder especially the right side might be gall bladder.  Mine is not as mine has been removed