Stomach and Dizzy Spell HELP!!!!
So I have been diagnosed with PCOS ( polyositic cyst syndrome )  so my doctor has prescribed me metformin 500 mg  it been a month going on 2 months. And I don't know if it the pills or stress but it seems that everything  I eat I get stomach pains and then it diarrhea time and it the worst. WORST pain and at the WORST TIME UGH it frustrating because at the same time I'm getting dizzy spell and they are horrible. I have been eating right healthy stuff cut back on all alcohol, fatty food and soda, excising so I just don't understand.
Now reason that doctor prescribed me with metformin is birth control pills make me retain water and I was border line to become diabetic, so she thought it be best if i went with met. PLEASE help for I don't have insurance my job dont provide that at the moment.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. While metformin could be the cause of the symptoms, other possibilities such as GI infections, inflammations, dietary causes, GI motility issues, malsorption syndromes, hormonal/ endocrine causes, low blood sugar etc may need to be considered as well. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist or a gastroenterologist. After a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!