Gastroenterology Community
Stomach and Neurological symptoms. Help!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Please help. No one can figure out what's wrong with my stomach.

This has been going on for almost 4 months now.

Started getting hiccups more often.
Began feeling nauseated and dizzy all the time for a week. Then I got sharp pain in the middle of my chest, ate dinner (Quesedilla), and suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe within 20 minutes of eating. It lasted about 15 minutes and then I was ok, with the sharp chest pain persisting for about 3 days.

I felt fine for about a week and a half.

Then I started to feel dizzy again, and the nausea began to return over a few days. I then ate dinner (mexican food again, enchiladas). Within 20 minutes I felt like I couldn't breath again, accompanied by sweating, feeling weak, dizzy, nauseated, and just BAD. Went away within 2 hours.

Nausea continued.

Over the next week I had the same thing happening after dinner or eating in the evening. Nausea began to persist all day long. Usually felt ok in the morning, nauseated after eating breakfast. Chest pain almost all the time.

Time continues. Eating caused PAIN. Hurt going down my esophagus, hurt at the top of my stomach, hurt between my ribs, hurt under ribs on left side, (later hurt under ribs on right side too), and hurt horizontally along belly button. This pain was caused by eating any time of the day, or drinking anything.

Time continues, this is about 4 weeks since everything began, start noticing that not only do I feel weak and sweaty and bad after eating in the evening, but legs start getting weak with this too. Lasts about 2 hours. Stomach pain persists into the night. Have started taking Prilosec 80mgs with little improvement 2 weeks later.

Have several days where I am thirsty no matter how much I drink.
Have several days NOT correlating with drinking a lot of water where I cannot hold my pee for more than an hour.
Have a week or so where the soles of my feet and palms of my hands are ITCHY!

Begin to improve, still on prilosec. Feel nauseated but am having less trouble.

Feel "ok" for about 4 weeks. During this time have endoscopy that shows inflammation in esophagus (am told this is ok, not barretts.) Bile in stomach, am told this is normal.

Suddenly having trouble again, trouble eating, hiccups etc. returning. After eating in the evening or lunch, weakness, dizziness, nausea, light headed, very short of breath, dizzy feeling back. Legs become so weak after eating that it's very hard to walk, hard to pick feet up off ground, walking with a shuffling gate after eating, stumbling, can't keep balance. Feels sort of like low blood sugar. All of this lasts about 2 hours. Then goes away.

* I have no gallbladder(removed). I do not eat many fatty foods. Milk made pain feel better but I did not end up having an ulcer in the endoscopy despite INTENSE sharp pain in the month prior. Blood sugar measured and was 102. Doctor said it was normal. Has not been measured during one of the episodes after eating.

What IS this and how can I fix it?! I'm desperate, I feel awful. I've seen a gastroenterologist and no diagnosis or treatment plan besides Prilosec. Prilosec is not really helping much(helping the most for feeling like I can breathe after eating). Zofran not helping much with the nausea. Can't really function, losing weight. I am young.

PLEASE help if you know what this is.
Some of these symptoms could be the result of acid reflux issues, but I'm wondering if anyone in your family has celiac disease and if you've been tested for that problem?

Just how much bile was found in your stomach? A small amount can be considered normal, but if it was more than that, it's not normal.