Gastroenterology Community
Stomach burning and sore throat

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Stomach burning and sore throat

Three weeks ago I experienced burning in my stomach.  I thought maybe heartburn so took some tums, antacids, and did not help.  It really wasn't a "sour" taste or feeling, just burning in the pit of my stomach.  After about a week of trying all over the counter medications, I started taking prescription omeprodine (sp?)  2 time a day.  Along with this, I have had a sore throat like strept for the past 5 days.  So, nothing seems to be working to relieve the burning in my stomach and don't know what the sore throat is from.  The burning comes and goes during the day, some days worse than others.  When I feel it hurting the most, if I eat something that seems to help temporarily.  It's like it comes and goes all day even with all the medication I'm taking.  Along with the stomach burn and sore throat, I am having slight headaches which is very unusual because I may get a headache once a year.  Any ideas or suggestions because I am concerned about the cost of all the tests that a doctor will request.  I have lost my job and cannot afford the medical expenses right now, but am also very scared this is serious.  Thanks for any help!

This discussion is related to Throat Ulcers.