Aa
A
A
Close
3543139 tn?1347561977
Stomach discomfort for a year. Please help.
Hello
For the past year I have been have all sorts of stomach/intestinal issues. When it first started,I seemed to stay bloated constantly,got full very quickly,had mild nausea from time to time and stomach stayed sore/tender. And this happened every day. The symptoms never let up. That went on for about two months until I saw my doctor. He prescribed me Omeprazole(which didn't seemed to help),Bentyl,for stomach cramps and Amitriptyline for depression. After taking the Amitriptyline for a while,my symptoms seemed to improve greatly. I am now off the Amitriptyline as I am uninsured. Now I have more stomach problems.My symptoms now are stomach/intestinal gurgling(especially when I first wake and after eating),bloating,early satiety(sometimes),upper and middle abdominal soreness,burning/stinging sensation on left side(sometimes) and frequent gas/belching. I do not have any problems with constipation/diarrhea or heartburn.  I am trying to figure out something I can do whether it be dietary changes,exercise,OTC medications,etc. to alleviate the symptoms as I am uninsured and doctor visits cant happen frequently. :( I am a 37 year female.  I am quite miserable as these symptoms occur every day and ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI infections (bacterial/ viral/ fungal/ parasitic), inflammations, stress/ anxiety, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities, micronutrient deficiencies, GI motility issues, growths/ masses, medication side effect etc. I would suggest considering an evaluation by a gastroenterologist at this time for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources