Gastroenterology Community
Stomach discomfort for a year. Please help.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach discomfort for a year. Please help.

Hello
For the past year I have been have all sorts of stomach/intestinal issues. When it first started,I seemed to stay bloated constantly,got full very quickly,had mild nausea from time to time and stomach stayed sore/tender. And this happened every day. The symptoms never let up. That went on for about two months until I saw my doctor. He prescribed me Omeprazole(which didn't seemed to help),Bentyl,for stomach cramps and Amitriptyline for depression. After taking the Amitriptyline for a while,my symptoms seemed to improve greatly. I am now off the Amitriptyline as I am uninsured. Now I have more stomach problems.My symptoms now are stomach/intestinal gurgling(especially when I first wake and after eating),bloating,early satiety(sometimes),upper and middle abdominal soreness,burning/stinging sensation on left side(sometimes) and frequent gas/belching. I do not have any problems with constipation/diarrhea or heartburn.  I am trying to figure out something I can do whether it be dietary changes,exercise,OTC medications,etc. to alleviate the symptoms as I am uninsured and doctor visits cant happen frequently. :( I am a 37 year female.  I am quite miserable as these symptoms occur every day and ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI infections (bacterial/ viral/ fungal/ parasitic), inflammations, stress/ anxiety, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities, micronutrient deficiencies, GI motility issues, growths/ masses, medication side effect etc. I would suggest considering an evaluation by a gastroenterologist at this time for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979