Stomach discomfort then Diarrhea
Hi all,

About 4 days ago at work I had a stomach ache come out of nowhere followed by Diarrhea.The stomach ache subsided but the Diarrhea remains. The Diarrhea seemed normal and was loose stool (stool with water). My Diarrhea has been looking odd to me, and I only go a little bit at a time and usually feel bowl discomfort before I go. I get occasional abdominal discomfort on the lower left corner of my abdomen ( right above my left hip, about the same height as my belly button).

When I have to go I get slight stomach pains and I feel bloated, but all is relieved when I go. I also get the feeling like there's cold water in my stomach , lightly cool feeling. Another thing is that when I have to go my mouth suddenly becomes dry like I'm dehydrated.

The other day it literally (but not to sound gross) looked like snot or spit in the toilet. I mean it was like a big string of phlegm. Another thing is that stool consistency between bathroom trips is different. One moment it's runny, then the other it's slightly solid, then it's just back to that.

I haven't changed my diet at all but this happened after I ate some hamburgers from Burger King. One of my co-workers suggested food poisoning as I get stomach discomfort as well. Another thing is that my appetite is not affected at all and I still eat just as much as I normally do. I also have not lost any weight nor do I feel weak.

To treat it I have been using Pepto-Bismal on and off. I't kills the upset stomach feeling.

I'm not sure what to do, what do you guys suggest? I think it's something viral personally cause I had a bout with Diarrhea a few years back and it lasted a week.