Stomach expanded!
I am 21 years old. I gained about 15 lbs in the last year. I am 5 ft 3 in and 131 lbs. I used to be 114 lbs. about a year ago. I have always been active and generally within the 110-115lb range. I did Irish dance for all my life and ran a lot. I broke my foot and stopped doing those activities. ..... OK  so my stomach has expanded! But not in a normal way. It has puffed out and it looks like I am pregnant. It is also rock hard!?You can touch it and punch it and it feels like a brick. I don't know if this is because I gained weight, but i am assuming it is. The thing that is weird is that I thought if I gained weight it would be more flabby..you know? I am concerned because my stomach has never been like this and I don't know if it is normal. I know I am not pregnant. I even took a test to make sure because my stomach looks like it is 9 months pregnant! Do people gain weight this way? Is it not a weight issue? Could this be something else? help?!
The belly you are describing sounds a lot like ascites (fluid retention in the abdomen), but that's liver related and I can't imagine what liver issues a 21 year old would have. I have heard of people on this board talking about being bloated with gas, too, but I don't know what it looks like.
I have googled distended and hard stomach and water retnetion and stomach ulcers came up a lot. I have been drinking a lot of water in the past year. I don;t know why, but I have been extremely thirsty for a long time and drank about a gallon of water or juice in a day. I have cut back since because I am not a thirsty, but still thirstier then I ever have been. Could it be water retention? I think my liver is ok? but idk?