Gastroenterology Community
Stomach fullness and pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach fullness and pain

For the past five months or so I have had the feeling of being full all the time.  It doesn't matter if I have just eaten or if I had just gotten out of bed; I continuously feel full.  I have pain on both sides of my stomach as well as pain and tenderness on the right side of my bellybutton.  I have just recently been experiencing pain on the right side of my back as well.  My bowel movements have changed dramatically.  I now have trouble having a bowel movement and can go for three days or more without one; when I was used to having one at least everyday.  I feel and know that I have to go, but I just can't.  My stomach is always making noise and gurgling.  
I have been diagnosed with GERD and  my doctor thinks that it is just the GERD causing my problems but my symptoms are still there and have gotten worse.  I have been taking Nexium like the 'doc said, but that is not helping one bit.
If anyone has any information or advice, I would love to hear it.
Thanks