Gastroenterology Community
Stomach gurgling, watery, yellow diarrhea......

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My 2 1/2 yr. old daughter has been having digestive issues since she turned one.   After some trips to the GI and an endoscopy, she was diagnosed with Celiac Disease.....or at least he felt pretty sure she had it.  Fast forward one year.......daughter had been doing pretty well on GF diet and then all of a sudden, started having very loose stools for over a week.  Back to the GI....he decides to run more tests now that she is older, and come to find out that she doesn't have the genetic markers for CD.  So, he recommended a gluten challenge....which we did and she did wonderfully.  After 2 1/2 months on a "normal diet" she was scoped again and her intestines were completely healthy.  So Celiac Disease was ruled out. This was one month ago.  About 10 days ago, she starts with the very loose stools again, went to the pediatrician and now being tested for food allergies/sensitivities.  But today she had the largest, most watery yellow stool I have ever seen.  And her stomach is gurgling loudly.  Still waiting for the doc to call back....but am very worried.  My daughter seems fine now but my gut says something is wrong and it's something chronic.....not just a virus.  Any thoughts?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I would agree with you that it isn't just a virus but it's something else.  However, it doesn't need to be something serious.  Have you looked at the possibility of lactose intolerance?  Do you have the report of what the biopsies said when she had her first endoscopy?  Is she complaining of any stomach pain?
Thanks for the note.  We have considered lactose intolerance and when I spoke with her ped last night, we agreed to stop cow's milk and try soy.  So far, my little one won't drink soy, but it's only the first day.  But on the otherhand, she hasn't had any stools yet and no gurgling stomach....interesting.  The doc hopes to have the results of bloodwork and stool later today and if not, Monday.  So we're in a holding pattern right now.  

No, she doesn't complain about stomach pain but the last few days, it does seem like her stools are very uncomfortable and she doesn't like having them.

When I posted this question, I thought I was posting to a doctor's site.  I need to look into this some more since I seem confused.

Thanks again!
The doctor forum is http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Gastroenterology/show/107 but no doctor has answered any questions on there since March.  Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions.