Gastroenterology Community
Stomach gurgling to the extreme - what is it?

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I'm 15 and my stomach makes really really weird gurgling sounds when I press doen on it - all the time. When I rest my hands on my stomach and inhale it feels like a balloon is expanding and then when I exhale I can feel my tummy moving underneath my hands and there's a really weird gurgling sound. Particularly when I eat chocolate/drink Coke. Any suggestions/fellow sufferers?
As long as it doesn't hurt, you're fine.
You feel it moving because it's digesting your food, and when it's digesting, it pretty much squishes your food up, like you'd squish dough in your hands.
When you breathe in, the muscles that take in air expand, not your stomach (it's probably your diaphragm that you're feeling, which is right around your stomach area).
It's not weird and it's not a problem.