Stomach inflammation
I have had a lot of flatulence and bloating for the past four months and had an endoscopy done last week. Am not sure what the biopsy report means though: it says pleomorphic rod like organisms are focally identified. What does this mean?
OK cinders...did the Doc say anything else?  I can't believe you were provided the medical biopsy report without the Doc offering you a laymens explanation!

It could be an infection or something else, do you have other tests scheduled?
Hey Clansmom, sorry for being so in specific. Before I had the biopsy done the dr told me I have dyspepsia. After the endoscopy he said I have antral gastritis and acid reflux (I wake up with a terrible throat every morning but don't have heartburn as such).

He also said I have a depression in the stomach lining with a prominent fold.

Facilities where I live are few are few and I had to take the biopsy sample to a far away lab myself. Thus I also picked up the report myself and am supposed to go see the dr in a weeks time or so.

My blood reports all came clear, except my Amylase is 300 something and the upper limit is 125. Lipase came normal so I suppose I can rule out pancreatis (the dr said the depression in the stomach lining could be related to some pancreas problems but he was very nonspecific)

The biopsy report also says mild chronic inflammation with occasional Helicobacter like organism. That means an infection right?

I've been taking Nexium 40 mg for a week now but it hasn't helped at all unfortunately.

Thanks so much for the help