Gastroenterology Community
Stomach pain and belching even after gallbladder surgery?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I had gallbladder surgery on the 17th. My incisions are healing real good their not very noticeable I have to go for my 2 week checkup on Wednesday. I was doing good but I still had a problem with belching and feeling full of air just like I did before I had the surgery. Before the doctors relazied my gallbladder doesnt function correctly they told me my stomach was inflamed and produced to much acid so they dignosed me with Gasteritis and Acid Reflux. After my gallbladder surgery I was doing ok up until Friday. I started getting minor lower stomach cramps I assumed it was just a horimonal thing but now Im not so sure. Today I got pain right after I ate I felt gassy and kept belching like I did before the surgery and the pain is in my upper stomach its sometimes on the left or at the upper to lower part of my stomach. The pain also kind of goes to my back like the gallbladder can cause . I use to get random severe stomach pain off and on since I was 17 so its worrying me. Im not sure if this is gas pains or what. I feel like I have to use the bathroom sometimes but I usually dont but Im not costipated so I have no idea whats going on. Its starting to worry me and make me think that maybe the gallbladder surgery didnt help and wasnt really my problem in the first place. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on? Or have ever had this problem?
You may want to consider following a low fat diet. Your system may not be digesting fats the same way it did before the surgery and it could take some time for it to return toward a normal state. A low fat diet can be of help to some. It's worth a try.
Low fat and try the digestive enzymes when before your meal they help too.